American Environmental is seeking an energetic, self sufficient and highly motivated Geologist/Scientist/Engineer to join the technical team at our Brooklyn Office. We are seeking candidates with 1-3+ years of related environmental consulting experience. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to become part of a rapidly growing consulting firm.
Responsibilities and General Duties:
- Field observation and documentation of contaminated soil movements on remediation sites.
- Supervise and direct subcontractors while conducting site investigation and remediation work.
- Knowledge of drilling methods and field sampling procedures for various environmental media (soil, groundwater, surface water/sediment and air).
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments as well as compliance audits.
- Evaluates, analyzes and interpret technical data relative to project specific goals.
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to environmental site investigation and remediation projects.
- Writes reports, develop plans and implement steps to move projects towards closure in the most effect manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or related scientific discipline. Masters preferred.
- 1– 3+ years of related experience. Experience must include field and office based environmental consulting experience.
- 40 hour HAZWOPPER training is preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills, a must.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and industry standards.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a project team.
- Must be able to oversee and work with subcontractors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD.
- Professional licensing, a plus.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Drug/Alcohol screening and a Background check is required.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 718-906-4090.
No telephone calls.