American Environmental is seeking a mid level Geologist or Environmental Scientist with environmental consulting experience to join our Brooklyn team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to become part of a rapidly growing consulting firm.
Responsibilities and General Duties:
- Performs or oversees the implementation of project specific work, including scheduling and coordinating subcontractors.
- Conducting site investigations including soil, air and groundwater sampling.
- Soil vapor intrusion work.
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments as well as compliance audits.
- Evaluates, analyzes and interpret technical data relative to project specific goals
- Project budgeting and preparing bid documents.
- UST removal oversight.
- Performs hydrogeological assessments regarding groundwater flows to identify contamination impact and related concerns.
- Compiles and completes field notes on each event /site.
- Participates in the identification of viable remedial solutions consistent with all Federal, state, and local regulations.
- Communicate effectively with third party and regulatory personnel in regards to project related activities and compliance issues
- Writes reports, develop plans and implement steps to move projects towards closure in the most effect manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Work effectively with
Skills / Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or related scientific discipline. Masters preferred
- 3– 5+ years of related experience. Experience must include field and office based environmental consulting experience
- 40 hour HAZWOPPER training is preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills, a must.
- Good communications skills a must.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and industry standards
- Must be detail-oriented, and a team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD.
- Professional licensing, a plus.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Drug/Alcohol screening and a Background check is required.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 718-906-4090.
No telephone calls.