Key Revisions to ASTM 1527-05 coming soon:
• Soil vapor investigation will now be treated in the same way as groundwater investigation. Soil vapor investigations will be a part of Phase I ESAs once the new revision is put into effect.
• The definition for Historical Recognized Environmental Conditions (HRECs) and Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) will be revised.
• A new term, Controlled Recognized Environmental Conditions (CRECs), will be created.
• Regulatory file reviews will be more stringent. Explanations for the reason for considering a hazardous property listed in an environmental database as pertinent to the target property's environmental health would be required.
• See the full article here.
After an environmental assessment of a vacant lot that our client had planned on purchasing revealed several Recognized Environmental Conditions, American Environmental was able to successfully remediate and restore Site conditions enabling redevelopment of the property.
Ask us about grants for your environmental assessments and remediation projects!
American Environmental welcomes its newest team member: Mr.Eugene Kuksa!
Adding his knowledge and expertise to American Environmental, Mr. Kuksa will work on various environmental projects including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Subsurface Investigation in an Environmental Scientist capacity. Welcome!!!