Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) / Subsurface Investigation
If the Phase I ESA indicates there is a potential for environmental impact, American Environmental can provide a Phase II ESA / Subsurface Investigation. The Phase II ESA will evaluate the environmental impact and assess the nature and extent of the concern. The Phase II Environmental Site Assessment determines whether suspect conditions identified during a Phase I ESA have impacted the environmental quality of a property.
A Phase II ESA normally entails collecting representative samples of surface stains, subsurface soils, soil vapor, groundwater, and/or building materials at precise locations to properly characterize a potential source of contamination. In-field screening is utilized for real-time analysis of soil and water samples and to identify additional locations for sampling.
The Phase II project may include:
- Subsurface Soil Investigations
- Groundwater Investigations
- Service Station Investigations
- Soil Vapor Investigations
- Hydrogeologic Investigations
- Monitoring Well Installation
- Soil Boring Installations and Sampling
- Contamination Assessment
- Groundwater Modeling
- Comprehensive Site Sampling Plans
- Underground Storage Tanks (USTs) Investigation
- Leach Pool / Underground Well Sampling